Institute of Change Management International
All members of this professional body have committed themselves to working in an ethical, professional and socially responsible manner in accordance with the Institute’s code of professional conduct.
HONESTY AND INTEGRITY
All professional change managers are expected to submit to the highest standards of professional conduct by behaving in an open, honest and trustworthy manner.
This is by ensuring the following:
- Act in the best interest of their organizations, customers, clients and partners.
- Be accountable for their actions and decisions.
- Defend their professional and personal integrity all the time.
- Disclose any personal interest which may affect their decisions.
- Act reasonably and justifiably in identifying and resolving conflicts of values, being truthful and transparent in all dealings.
- Not accepting gifts, hospitality or services which create or imply an improper obligation.
MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT ON PEOPLE, ORGANIZATION AND SOCIETY
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislations in the operating environment.
- Safeguard, and not seek any personal advantage from confidential, proprietary, commercially sensitive and personal information that comes into your possession, only disclosing it to those acting in a manner that supports the organization’s overall objectives and reputation.
- Serve customers and clients to the highest possible standards at all times.
- Develop and maintain business relationships based on mutual confidence trust and respect.
STRIVE FOR SELF-ACTUALISING GOALS, SELF- RESPECT AND FOR OTHERS
- Strive for excellence at all times.
- Engage in continuous professional development and maintaining relevant knowledge and competence.
- Act in accordance with the highest level of professional behaviour and performance.
- Seek help when asked to act beyond your current level of capability.
- Assist colleagues with the development of their skills, value their contributions and recognize their achievements.
- Respect, and promote equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion, human rights and dignity.
DEMONSTRATE LOYALTY AND COMMITMENT TO THE INSTITUTE
- Report unlawful/unethical conduct or behaviour and encourage others to do same.
- Recognize and value the responsibilities and obligations you owe to communities in which you operate.
- Promote the Institute’s mission, vision and values and present yourself as a member of Nigeria’s foremost change management Institute.
- Defend the integrity and good standing of the profession and abstain from conduct that will tarnish the reputation of the Institute.
- Observe professional code of behaviour and other relevant professional standards.
- Comply with all reasonable request(s) made by the Institute for information to support its activities.